Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Week Drawing "Bizarro": Day Four


Three thoughts on today's strip:

1. This probably would have worked better if I had used Snap, Crackle and Pop instead of the Keebler Elves. That said, Ernie does have a might fine Olympia Dukakis vibe going on.

2. I can't quite tell if Ernie is a transvestite of transsexual (knowing so little as I do about the psychological and emotional qualities of cookie spokescharacters). Thoughts?

3. My new, new favorite review of my guest hosting abilities, courtesy of a reader's comment on Piraro's blog: "Replacement sucks is an understatement ....what was Dan thinking calling this guy a genius?....Its fools like this weeks guy however you pronounce his name that makes Jim Davis look like a genius."

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Ernie's clearly a transsexual. If he was a transvestite, he probably wouldn't feel the need to come out at work. But if he's going to be Esther from now on, then Esther should damn well be in the commercial.

Sara Benincasa said...

There's also a "Whatever Happened to Baby Janes?" kind of thing. STOP PANDERING TO DRAG QUEEN ELVES! (I'll stop with that now. :)

Neil J Murphy said...

Wait a minute. "...if I had used Snap, Crackle and Pop..."

You mean these three aren't supposed to be SC&P?

Claude said...

Yeah, I gotta admit I thought it was Snap, Crackle & Pop too. Although the name Ernie did tweak me to the idea that we were looking at cookie elves.

Mathew Walls said...

I have no idea what a Keebler Elf is, so yeah, Snap, Crackle and Pop would have worked much better.

Robert Gidley said...

Oh good. Now I can feel old, too. I got at once that they were Keebler elves (note to young people: an advertising icon used in the last century to sell cookies).

Who knew they were that magical?

Dimestore Lipstick said...

I got an interesting compliment over on Piraro's blog, from your new buddy. He accused me of being you. And a clown.
Ain't he cute?

Metz77 said...

The Keebler elves were still being used in the late 90s/early 00s, so youth is no excuse.