Monday, August 20, 2007

In Memory of My Best Friend (May 15, 1993-August 19, 2007)


Boris was one of the dearest friends and closest family members I have ever known. He was kind, warm, friendly, empathetic, playful, serene and a whole host of attributes that many people rarely associate with cats. He was so beloved at the animal hospital that after a few visits they began to provide him with free treatment whenever possible. He loved to have his belly rubbed. He was the cat that could convert the dog-lovers. As my friend Sean stated, "Until I met Boris I hated cats. But he wasn't a cat. He was Boris."

Boris helped me through my worst moments and was there at my very best. He was there when I met some of the most important people in my life. He was not my pet. He was one of my most treasured friends and I miss him terribly. I can only hope that he is no longer in pain and is now resting comfortably, surrounded by a never-ending assortment of food and catnip.

13 comments:

yellojkt said...

Sorry to hear about Boris. What a beautiful tribute.

Now you can take that trip to Paris.

Andy Jukes said...

My condolences.

Sara Benincasa said...

He was awesome and I was glad to be a part of his life for a short time. He was good at life and he loved people fully. I miss him. I love you.

Jodi said...

i am very sorry. i understand how important he was to you. i'm pretty sure that pru saved my life five years ago, more than once. getting that kitten was one of the smartest things i've ever done.

in cat heaven, there is an infinity supply of warm laps. don't try to imagine it. you'll boggle.

Elaine said...

I'm sorry for your loss, and I wish you comfort in your grief.

I've had GoGo for 8 years and Pepper for 2 months. There've been times over the years when I don't know what I would have done without GoGo's presence.

What little characters our cats are.

andys said...

I am so sorry. He sounds like a wonderful cat - I wish I could have met him.

2fs said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. I know when we lost our cat Spin five years ago, it was devastating and terrible. Even though he'd been ill, and we knew relieving him of his misery was the right thing to do, it still hurt like mad. Outliving loved ones is hell - human or not.

Twice Five Miles said...

Losing a pet is so painful. Sorry for your loss...

D.B. Echo said...

I have lost several animal friends in recent years. One of the most wonderful things about the internet is it lets us grant our friends a sort of immortality through these tributes.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about Boris. Cats like him don't come along every day.

Woodrowfan said...

Ces, I am sorry to hear your sad news. I know such a loss is hard and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers....

Cassandra said...

What a beautiful cat. I'm glad he got to live his life with someone who appreciated him. Even in the picture you can tell he was a special guy.

Danny Sichel said...

Mrrrw? Prrrrr.