Friday, August 1, 2008
My Week Drawing "Bizarro": Day Five
Arguments for Eminent Domain
* Seriously, which is more practical—a few homes’ towel closets or one big Linens & Things Superstore?
* Seizing property for “public use” overturns decades of misanthropic homeowners refusing entry to absolute strangers.
* Upward mobility for all as state governments can now reclassify “blighted area” to mean “currently without a sports complex.”
* Developers ability to lowball offers to mandatory sellers means goodbye to lengthy and oft-tedious bidding process.
* Allows town to update scruffy historic district with spiffy parking facility for Best Buy.