Sunday, November 29, 2009

Things My Dad Said about the Rockettes While Watching the Radio City Christmas Spectacular on TV


“Imagine if it was somebody’s goal to screw every one of them?”

“They probably hire only light-skin black dancers instead of regular-skin black dancers because otherwise they would stand out too much from the white dancers and you’d spend the entire show going, ‘There’s the black dancer!’”

“They have Oriental dancers now? Oh wait, what’s the right word?… ‘Chinese.’”

“I knew the Rockettes had nice legs, but who knew they had such great tits?"

“God, look at all those gorgeous women. Oh, to be young and rejected again.”

9 comments:

jim said...

Imagine ---------WOW !!

Naked Bunny with a Whip said...

I've been trying to become a Rockette myself, but apparently they're racist against fat, middle-aged men. I should sue.

Risha said...

I'm sorry, but that's hilarious.

Suzie said...

Your father is not entirely wrong about black dancers, actually. They didn't allow any until the late '80s because of the "distraction".

http://www.nytimes.com/1983/03/30/nyregion/new-york-day-by-day-a-shift-at-the-music-hall.html

And as it is, I'm not sure I've ever seen a black dancer in photos of the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City. Maybe they put them all in the touring company.

Nil Zed said...

actually, my daughter I commented that, evidently, only light skinned black women could be Rockettes. Though this comment followed a remark about height requirements & then we went on to discuss the that they have older dancers & offer pretty good benefits. It's one of the few places you can make well paid, lifetime career of dancing. Pretty 'clean' dancing too, compared to, say, Vegas. Though obv. that doesn't save them from men like your dad. (Mine too)

Jym said...

=v= "Oh, to be young and rejected again" is mighty profound.

Dvandom said...

In the Xxxenophile comic that the Foglios used to publish, an Evil Genius manages to clone himself many times at the end stinger of a story, and his first goal (before taking over the world) is to date the Rockettes. All at once.

zero hour said...

I love yer father...
by the way..LOVE the Charlie Brown header art there...bwahahah
you slay me sir, slay me....

PNB Dave said...

I'm taking my mom to the Rockettes' touring production here in Seattle on 12/22. I hope she'll come up with some bon mots like that.