Although I have been keeping this blog for almost two years it has become my understand that while I write a lot of nonsense on this site I tend rarely to share much in the way of personal information. This has been a calculated move to say the least, since I'm a private person by nature and have had some blowback from the few times I did reveal my life online (the result of circumstances, not of anyone's doing or intent).
But I am trying to change that, if only that I could greatly benefit from self-reflection at times, this being one of them. So without further ado here is some bullet point revelations about yours truly. Thanks for reading this far.
* I cannot swim.
* I learned to drive well after I grew up, meaning that when it comes to prowess behind the wheel I make Mr. Magoo look like A.J. Foyt.
* Although I received confirmation from the Catholic Church, I have never actually given confession. I also never attended any church classes between Communion and Confirmation, instead lying to sneak in the last year because all my friends were having their Bar Mitzvahs and I felt I was missing in on the fun.
* I can engender sympathy remarkably easily and fear I use that as a crutch.
* According to a few medical tests, I do not possess a sense of smell.
* As a child I was so overwhelmingly shy that a girl who I had shared several classes with from elementary through high school--and knew by name--approached me in the 12th grade and kindly asked if I had just transferred to her school distict.
* I did not have a girlfriend until sophomore year of college. She opted to keep her virginity.
* I write because although I am shy, I do crave great attention...just not always in person.
* As an English major I chose to challenge myself academically by taking Physics--not Oceonography--as my one science requirement, only to wind up with a D-, a grade that I could only achieve thanks to constant instruction from my roommate Drew.
* I'm developing on a kid's show that may have just landed a celebrity to voice a character.
* After a night of grain alcohol and rented outdoor hot tubs on my college campus I awoke to find myself in a piano room of the Music Building, naked (and alone), forcing me to run back to my dorm at 7:30 Sunday morning only to crash into a very nice girl from my floor, her Bible study group and her visiting mom.
• I lost count of just how many times I revised this list for both personal and professional reasons.