Friday, October 17, 2008

Tall Tale Features Radio: Talkin' Berke Breathed

The very mellifluous Tom Racine of Tall Tale Features interviews Brian Anderson of Dog Eat Doug, Mike Witmer of Pinkerton and yours truly on the ending of Opus and Berke Breathed's comic strip career.

Last time Tom interviewed me listeners couldn't decide if I sounded more like Ray Romano or Woody Allen. This time I might have had a blocked nasal passage so there's a good chance I sound exactly like Fran Drescher. I guess what I'm trying to say is never raise your child in Queens, Brooklyn or Long Island. Their shame--and yours--will last forever.

You can hear the whole show right here.

And yes, I'm a 41-year-old man who still has his button-festooned Yuppie Opus plush doll. And for those readers who just had to be raised on Long Island and noticed the WDRE button, causing them to shake their heads, please know I tried my best to find the original WLIR button back in the day but had to settle for second best.

3 comments:

Jon88 said...

So far, all I've got is a stalled progress bar. I trust your contribution to the conversation was more substantial than that.

Francesco Marciuliano said...

Yeah, I had that problem, too. I had better luck when I tried the download option.

Jon88 said...

Thanks for the nudge. I'd compliment you on how great you sound, but now I have to run out to work, so we'll just take it on faith until tonight.