Thursday, March 6, 2008

"I told you. I wake up every day, right here, right in Punxsutawney, and it's always February 2nd, and there's nothing I can do about it."

Several readers have written to me asking why the Sally Forth strip for Tuesday, March 4 appeared yet again online for Wednesday, March 5.

First, thank you for paying enough attention to note that I normally do write a different strip each day. Second, the repeat appears to be a Web glitch. I am told that the print editions ran the correct version (although I have to take that on faith since Sally Forth currently does not run in Manhattan).

Until I can retrieve a scan of the missing strip in question, please enjoy the following transcript for yesterday's actual Sally Forth. Consider it a radio play, minus the Ovaltine sponsorship...and probably any audible laughs.

Wednesday
1. Scene: Forth Study, Evening. Ted sits at the family computer, typing away. Sally stands behind him, leaning down to wrap her arms around Ted’s shoulders as she kisses him on the cheek with closed eyes. Ted looks at the monitor with #2.
S: What are you working on?
T: Crafting a grabber of an opening sentence for this cover letter.


2. Cut to close-up of Sally, looking over Ted’s shoulder as she reads what he wrote on the monitor. Sally #3. Ted #3a.
S: “Ever since I was a kid I’ve dreamt of a position in farm equipment sales and services.”

3. Sally and Ted look at each other. Both #3
S: That’s not true, is it?
T: Actually, I’m afraid of threshers.

3 comments:

Jason Togyer said...

You know, of course, that during a newspaper strike in the 1930s, Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia read the funnies over the radio for New York kids.

All I'm saying is that maybe you need to get Bloomberg to do a podcast every day of "Sally Forth."

And hey! If he won't do it, Giuliani's got free time now.

Robert Gidley said...

Damn. I was looking forward to romancing Andie McDowell and learning jazz piano before the big dance tonight.

*sigh*

Life goes on, I guess.

Metz77 said...

Everybody seems to have missed the fact that you've apparently numbered their facial expressions.